How to unload/uninstall Trend Micro OfficeScan without password
In my other posting, I did explain how to kill the Trend Micro OfficeScan processes (aka services). You can read that HERE.
In this posting, I will explain how if you want to permanently remove/uninstall the not so useful anti-virus from your PC.
If you try to uninstall directly from the Add/Remove Program in the Control Panel, you will encounter a pop-up menu asking you to enter the password. This posting will assist you in case you do not have the password for what ever reason.
Here’s a simple hack for that:
- Search for Ofcscan.ini file. Normally the file is located in C:\Windows folder for Windows 95 and Windows 98, or C:\WINNT directory for Windows NT and Windows 2000. In newer operating system, the Ofcscan.ini can be saved in C:\Program Files\ folder.
- Open the Ofcscan.ini file using Notepad for editing.
- Search for the [INI_CLIENT_SECTION] section heading.
- Locate the line starting with Uninstall_Pwd=. Comment the line (make it inactive by typing a # at the beginning of the line, i.e. #Uninstall_Pwd=…..
- Insert a new line beneath the existing line as following:
- Save the Ofcscan.ini file.
- Try to uninstall Trend Microsoft OfficeScan again. When prompted to enter a password to continue to uninstall, enter 1 as the password.
15 Comments »
Leave a Reply